"Wholesale and Retail Buyer"
Basic Job Description:
Buy merchandise or commodities, other than farm products, for resale to consumers at the wholesale or retail level, including both durable and nondurable goods. Analyze past buying trends, sales records, price, and quality of merchandise to determine value and yield. Select, order, and authorize payment for merchandise according to contractual agreements. May conduct meetings with sales personnel and introduce new products.
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Wholesale and Retail Buyer"
1) Train and supervise sales and clerical staff.
2) Provide clerks with information to print on price tags, such as price, mark-ups or mark-downs, manufacturer number, season code, and style number.
3) Determine which products should be featured in advertising, the advertising medium to be used, and when the ads should be run.
4) Monitor competitors' sales activities by following their advertisements in newspapers and other media.
5) Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
6) Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
7) Analyze and monitor sales records, trends and economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
8) Interview and work closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products.
Thanks for visiting CareerPlanner.com
9) Authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
10) Inspect merchandise or products to determine value or yield.
11) Set or recommend mark-up rates, mark-down rates, and selling prices for merchandise.
12) Confer with sales and purchasing personnel to obtain information about customer needs and preferences.
13) Consult with store or merchandise managers about budget and goods to be purchased.
14) Conduct staff meetings with sales personnel to introduce new merchandise.
15) Manage the department for which they buy.
16) Use computers to organize and locate inventory, and operate spreadsheet and word processing software.
Job Description for "Wholesale and Retail Buyer" continued here...
"Wholesale and Retail Buyer" Holland / RIASEC Career Code: E-C-S SOC: 13-1022.00